6 very ripe passionfruit
2 cups cold water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Slice passionfruits in half and scoop out the flesh (ALL OF IT, INCLUDING THE SEEDS) into a blender.
- Add enough water to double the volume of the flesh- add a bit at a time, to avoid over-diluting. If uncertain, err on the low side, as you can always add in more water later.
- Pulse mixture for a few seconds at a time, so that the flesh has separated from the seeds, but not so far as to grinding the seeds down.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large canister and discard seeds. If there is some flesh still attached to the seeds, you can try to push it through with a spoon.
- Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, to taste. Dilute further if needed. Chill thoroughly.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to its directions. Sorbet will last in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.